The First Buzz of 2015




2015 is in full swing, so it is time to have my first Buzz post! Social media has been steppin' up their game, exemplified here with my favorite things floating around the interwebz. With announcements, games, videos, hastags, oh my!

From art to fashion to stuffed animals... it's all here in The Buzz.
***



Big News from Target!



// Oh my glob. Target's newest designer collaboration was announced this week 
and it is amazing. Not only will this April bring showers, it will also bring LILLY PULITZER. Yes, you read that correctly, Lilly is coming to Target. Two fabulous places merging to create a wonderful (more affordable) fashion baby, Just in time for Spring, how perfect. The only way it could be even better is if it came out before Easter, so I could wear a new pastel printed shift dress for the holiday, but I'll live. We have only gotten little hints of the collection, which is gonna be huge, and it looks good so far. Also, is that Jessica (Alice Callahan) from Gossip Girl on the right??


*


I'm addicted...


// Tsum Tsums are my everything right now. 
They are these adorable little plush balls of cuteness that Japan created to steal all the monies from American Disney addicts. Especially since only a couple lines of the them are available in the US right now, leaving us to find personal shoppers or eBay sellers in Asia (Hong Kong or Tokyo parks) to ship the rest of the cuties here. Over here, they just starts Tsum Tsum Tuesdays, where every first Tuesday of the month they release a new line of them. This month was 101 Dalmatians and next month is Cinderella! They are not the cheapest, of course, but I waited to complete my set of Snow and her seven dwarves until they all went on sale, mwahaha! Oh, and if it wasn't bad enough that I want to buy them all and jump into a large pile of them, there is also an app game that I am now playing whenever I can. JUST GREAT, DISNEY. Seriously, I close my eyes and see the Tsum game. It's a thing I'm suffering from.


*


A beautiful workplace


// Ben Morales posted some amazing Instagram photos of the Toledo Museum of Art recently. 
I am so in love with the left photo, which features a wonderful, old photograph (one that hangs proudly in the museum cafe!) merged with today's column arcade. And the photo on the right was part of a little event called #emptyTMA, where a handful of photogs were let into the museum before opening to take some cool pics like Ben's shot of Laocoon and the octagon's skylight. Have I mentioned I love where I work? 


*


Oh, Downton...


// Downton Abbey premiered in the US last week, and I am so happy!
I am a huge fan, as we all know... remember this post about Lady Mary from last year? Anywho, sadly Lady Mary, or Michelle Dockery, was not a part of this video, but it is still a gem. I love Cards Against Humanity, too, so this video is a win! Enjoy :)

*

Also, for the New Year, I am going to be better about adding more content to The Curated Life. Though my job and everything else promise to keep me awfully busy this year, I am going to stay committed to providing at least two original posts a week, with another bi-weekly Artwork of the Week post at the least. I also hope to add outfit posts, since I love shopping and fashion so much, may as well show some looks here, right? I will also be busy writing more for the other blog I work with, "Obvi, We're The Ladies". Please visit and read some of the amazing essays by a terrific group of women. When a post of mine goes up there, I plan to write a little companion piece for The Curated Life to go up with it! I am very excited for some of the posts in the works with them and for here. It is going to be a great year.


Happy Weekend, everybody!
***







Popular Posts