Suit and Tie


Here, have this play in the background as you read my post.


So the past week or so, Nick has been all about that suit and tie - no, not the song, but he really has been into buying a nice suit. Now that graduation is coming up, he wants to proudly present that new grad school education in a suit! Between budget constraints, sizing issues, and everything else, it has been a slightly difficult endeavor. From Men's Warehouse, to Suit Supply, and to Macy's, Nick ended up with the winning suits from J. Crew Factory -- I taught him well! He went with a cool navy and a nice gray, but of course it doesn't stop there. Then there are shirts, ties, shoes, the whole nine yards. Exciting stuff! 

Of course, it made me long for new work clothes, with my new position and all, but I am the queen of having too many clothes. I did end up getting a couple pairs of work pantaloons, but other than that I am already set! So, after some inspiration from Nick's shopping adventures, I am going to post my favorite work pieces that I have and highly recommend :)


***






BLAZERS   ||   I love me a good blazer, emphasis on the good. I feel like these are so hard to get right, at least for myself. For it to look tailored and properly fitting, I feel like I feel constrained. But, when it's right, it's right and all is fashionable and good. Target has great blazers - all three of these are on their website, even on sale right now I believe! I just ordered the jewel tone one on the right, and I am pretty excited because it is longer! Hopefully it is a hit and not a miss. I also have great blazers from the Junior's section (similar) and from the LC line (similar) from Kohls. 




PANTS   ||   Another article of clothing that can be difficult, especially if you have a strange bottom half, like I do. I know everyone's body is imperfect, but I have a big caboose and thighs (with an average waist) and I am on the shorter side. So pants can be tough to fit properly. I found that LOFT has great selection (all three above are from LOFT), I love everything there... and if you wait for a sale, then it is totally affordable (never buy anything full price from LOFT, there will always be a sale within a few days). Straight leg styles are my best friend - I can't do skinny (too tight and unflattering) and trousers drown me. The only problem is that Straight styles are more limited in color/pattern since I assume they think it is a less popular fit. I've also bought some of the Sloan pants from Banana Republic (pricey).




SKIRTS   ||   Before finding the LOFT pants above, I had been wearing skirts or dresses with tights everyday, that got uncomfortable, so I am glad I can wear pants again. I still love work skirts, though! I got a lot of mine from J. Crew in the sale section (see the middle and right) and I have some good ones from Loft, too. My favorite style of skirt for work is definitely the 'flippy' skirt or a-line... the kind that gently falls away from your hips, thus covering my least flattering body parts. Skirts can be an instant boost to a sweater or top!



This makes me excited to get dressed for work this week, actually!
Happy Tuesday!
***




Popular Posts