The Buzz

Time for the Buzz again! I have been in a Disney and Harry Potter hangover this week, which I knew would happen. I want to read, watch, buy anything and everything Disney/HP related. Yup, it is a problem. But to shake me from this daze (for a little while at least), my mom came to OH to visit Nick, Jack and I! We had a very nice weekend, but sadly she has left and we are brought back into the real world again. Nick is dreading a full week of grad school and I most certainly not looking forward to a full work week, but that is what adults have to do I suppose. Well, let's get to what I've been buzzing about this week:

*

Disney's Hollywood Studios had some breaking news!


// And no, the breaking news was not: "The Biggest Losers Ever Visited Hollywood Studios".
In our defense, we are not losers, but rather that the photographer was slightly strange and told us to put up "Mickey ears". I like the resulting photograph, though, it perfectly sums up how dorky we are. Ok, off the photo tangent. The real big news facing HS this week was that the Sorcerer's Hat is being removed! Yup, that's right, the big blue hat will be leaving the park sometime early next year. A lot of people have given the hat a hard time since it was erected in 2001, but I have always remained indifferent. Yes, it is not the coolest thing ever, in fact it is kind of unsettling, but I thought it was cute enough. I am glad we got to see it in its final couple months before heading to theme park heaven (or hell, depends on if you liked the thing or not). 

*

One Little Spark of Inspiration - Disney Painted Goodness!


// Yes, one more Disney-related Buzz. This comes from one of my pals, Kait Rose 
(which is awesome because we spell our names the same... and her last name is my middle name... so we are both Kait Rose! How crazy!) she is an artiste and a Disney-lover, and she put those two to good use. She hand paints these Disney "cuties" in pretty much every character, which you can get on a shirt, sweatshirt, bag, etc. She also makes these characters in cupcake version, which is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I have an order placed, which I am beyond excited for. Her Etsy (linked above) is currently closed until Nov. 8th, but you can get a sneak peak of her work on her Facebook. I also just bought a Rapunzel and Flynn tumbler from Cafe 47, another one of my Disney-lovin'-super-crafty pals, Shelby. Check out all her drink ware, Disney and otherwise!

*

Amy's new book hits the shelves on TUESDAY!


// I love Amy Poehler, I'm sure most of my readers do as well, so we all must be super duper 
excited that her book comes out this week. I read some quotes from the book (linked above) and it sounds like it is going to be exactly what we all hoped for: part memoir, part self-help, and a whole lot of wit.I am going to snatch up the book ASAP, probably a physical copy, not a Kindle copy, just because I love books too much (and we finally got a big book shelf a couple months ago). For those of you that are going to read it, let me know what you think!

*

A new Harry Potter story to be released this week!


// Another dorky photo of course, but I am getting mileage out of my wand pics. 
JK Rowling announced this week that she will be releasing a 1700-word story about Umbridge on Halloween. Not the most ideal announcement, I think we'd all prefer more on the gang, but this promises to be interesting. It sounds like it will be through Umbridge's eyes, some backstory... I'll take it! Also, there was news last week that Rowling is also set to build a Hagrid hut on her state in Scotland? Random, but awesome.


What have you been Buzzing about?

*** 






Popular Posts