Summer Lovin'



I cannot believe that the Summer is coming to an end. This has been a very different Summer for me in many ways, just as this year has been, and it flew by (but that's not new). It was my first true Summer graduated, without the thought of school hanging over my head! It was also my first Summer (how many times will I type Summer in this post?) working full-time, basically being a cool adult. Strange! I didn't even take a vacation this season, which is more than okay since I will be in Disney World in less than two months! Ahhh, can't wait. It was a big Summer nonetheless, and I want to share some photos as a fun look back. I don't even know how Labor Day weekend is here... I'm starting early on Friday; Nick, Jack, and I are traveling back to the Motherland (Chicago) for the long weekend to enjoy the end of the season with our families. But first, a look back at my Ohio summer! :)



First up:
In May, I officially graduated from Columbia College Chicago! 
And what better venue than the historic Chicago Theater... amazing.
I worked my butt off, graduated a semester early, 
and sitting there in the theater... it was awesome and inspiring.



Next:
Nick and I enjoyed a fun-filled day in nearby Port Clinton,
about 45 minutes from Toledo. We enjoyed some quality animal time at
the African Wildlife Safari (I drove my own car through the zoo!)
and at Marblehead State Park. It was fantastic to be right on the beautiful Lake Erie.




Some Other Fun Moments:
Between visits with family (both sets of parents came to Toledo to visit us throughout the summer),
to our quick 36 hour trip to Chicago for an Engagement party (where I was asked to be a bridesmaid!!!), with all of my museum's Summer exhibition fun, multiple Mud Hens games, and local fun in the sun... it has been a fantastic summer! Let's see what the last quarter of the year brings!



How was your Summer?

***


Popular Posts