Today's Obsession




My love for shopping does not end with clothing. I have been obsessed with Paper Source as of late - their whimsical, ornate, and addicting paper collection is too much! It all began last summer when I started working on collages and Paper Source became my one stop shop for materials. I'd rollerblade from my Lincoln Park (Chicago) apartment, through Oz Park, and onto Armitage where all the cute shops reside. It was a fun little routine! Enjoy the sunshine, some coffee, and a few sheets of moderately priced decorative paper. What more can you ask for? (Don't answer that.)







Paper Source is definitely multi-faceted: from custom stamps or invitations, to calendars and stationary, you can get lost in that place. But my favorite still remains the paper. Meant to be gift wrap, I use it for a number of crafts, mainly collage. There are delicate sheets with fragile gold foil and sheets with fun terrariums printed all over - the range is fabulous, yet also very dangerous. You can't just pick one. 

Whilst fleeing the toxin-filled waters of the Toledo area a couple of weeks ago, I made the hour drive to explore Ann Arbor. Priority number one? A close tie between Paper Source and Trader Joe's. I'm too urban, it hurts. Here are some of my paper picks from that trip:



Between the maps and all the patterns, I was in heaven. Here's a tip: I have seen sheets of paper there, mostly maps, that are literally sold as posters at Urban Outfitters. No joke, the EXACT same object/material and they often sell for $19+, while the sheet of paper at Paper Source costs $2.50. It's crazy. I will post some of my creations with some tips whenever I get a chance to sit down and craft!


Have a swell day, ya'll.

***

Popular Posts