Fashion In Flux





Everyone's saying it, but Fall is indeed on its way, just ask my allergies! While it is very fun to get in the Fall spirit, whether it is by going to a pumpkin patch or preparing your cooler-weather-plaid-clad wardrobe, it can be hard to bid farewell to all things Summer. What about all that fun floral and neon attire you bought on sale?! Well, I am right there with ya and I have a plan, so never fear! As we play weather limbo, your style can play along. Now is the time to have fun mixing your pieces before you pack away that Summer gear! I've been playing along with a contest via The College Prepster and Rack It Up, which totally inspired me to dedicate a whole post to this fashion transition. Here are some of my tips for dressing BOTH seasons:




Summer-Floral Print-Dilemma // You can most certainly rock some of those fun florals as the flowers of Summer hide for warmer months. J.Crew's Punk Floral and Photo Floral prints this season were on point and I am still too obsessed. Just keep it neutral for the other pieces of the outfit - perhaps mix in some lighter-weight sweaters (it isn't that cold yet!) or ankle boots. 


J. Crew was my kryptonite this Summer and I do not want to give them up! Add a vestbuttonup, or sweatshirt as a layer.


Layer up the Summer // Have some fun summery-shell tops or a tank dress that you don't want to say goodbye to yet? Well add some layers to them to spice them up for Autumn! Add a chambray button up or Fall cardigan to get you in the mood without having to forfeit all the Summer fun. I'm also obsessed with plain or graphic sweatshirts to tone down an outfit!

Neons Forever // I was pretty excited to wear lots of neon this Summer, but that is definitely not so much a Fall trend. I am determined to make it work for early Fall, though! I like to add a plain sweatshirt or collared sweater with my amazing neon fluted skirts (I have two neon colored and one black, they were on sale for under $20... #sorrynotsorry) to keep them season-relevant. If the neon is on your top half, whether it's a neon statement necklace or neon tank, round out the outfit with darker shades that are neutral pieces. Get as much juice out of them as possible!


Yes, Neon FOREVER! Not pictured is my neon yellow/green fluted skirt, which I love! I was also addicted to J.Crew's neon embroidery... so much neon. so much floral. so much fun.



As always, have fun and make an outfit your own! If you want to rock a neon skirt with sweater tights in December, then you go for it! I know I will. Oh, and adding a cute puppy to your outfit is great for any season ;)




Popular Posts