Swoon-Worthy Wants

I have been busier than usual at work the past couple weeks, which is kind of fun, since I'm a gal who tends to almost enjoy chaotic pressure. I'm weird, I know. I have been sure to sprinkle in some fun and relaxation during my busier work weeks, though, which is always key. Today, for example, Nick & I enjoyed some apple pickin' goodness and had a puppy playdate. Jack is lucky to have his Australian Shepard bffs (Bam Bam and Pebbles - how cute are those names?!) as neighbors, so we made sure to really enjoy the amazing Fall/Summer weather with the pups.

Aside from outdoorsy activities, I have been re-binge-watching Gossip Girl. It will always been one of my favorite series of all time, I have seen every episode at least four times. I go through little phases every other year or so where I rewatch all the seasons for funsies. Blair Waldorf is my favorite, she was when I read the actual book series and she was throughout the television series, and her status as a TV fashion icon is not in vain. She is beautiful, graceful, and oh so fashionable. Season Five is questionable for her hair and makeup, but her style is always on point. When I go through my GG watching cycles, I go through my "be Blair Waldorf" cycles too. So, today's installment of swooning wishlist will be partially inspired by Queen B herself.

*

Queen B would definitely don this coat for a NYC Winter.
This Coat Will Surely Keep Me Warm // J. Crew's Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Coat 
J. Crew has great outerwear, though of course a little too pricey for my budget
 most of the time. However, it doesn't stop me from drooling over this coat.
It comes in an array of colors to tickle your fancy, and they tickle all of mine. 
The sandstone would probably be the best selection, I mean it is neutral and classic 
to go with most holiday and Winter fashions. Though a nice navy (which they may not be 
offering Retail of right now, but there is navy for the Factory version! A little 
different style, but cheaper) would do fine. I think Blair would wear this over one of her 
Jenny Packham dresses as she travels to some gala somewhere in Manhattan... ;)




If only I could walk in heels...
Houndstooth and Pumps... Yes Please! // J. Crew Factory's Isabelle Pumps
As the caption reads, I wish I could walk in heels. Alas, I am not blessed with good 
coordination or balance, leaving my heel-life to wedges. But I have gotten really good 
walking in wedges, so there may be hope for me yet for pumps! These are a fairly reasonable 
pair for me, as the heel is not that high and J. Crew shoes have been comfortable for me thus far.
 That houndstooth print is adorable, and it is a statement shoe that I think Blair 
would approve of! She was never afraid of mixing patterns, texture, etc. J. Crew's Etta,
  Stella, Blakely pumps (they all look similar yet have different style names... I am so 
confused by it!) are a fabulous style with a nice chunky heel that double as chic and 
hopefully more sturdy. All of which come in cute patterns and colors, obviously.




PLAID. FOREVER PLAID.
Fall and Winter Calls for Plaid! // More Factory with this perfect plaid shirt
This is definitely more Dan Humphrey than Blair Waldorf, but that is why my style is the 
perfect blend of various inspiration sources. There are plaid choices galore, but very few 
are perfect. This plaid has been the apple of my eye for weeks now, but I am waiting for 
its price to drop enough for me to snatch it up! The anticipation, man. 





KRO... or oKr... or kOr?
All the Monograms! // Shop Dandy's Monogram Decor... yessss.
I love monograms, as does BW, and Shop Dandy does well with their monogram decor. 
From these chic trays, to mail holders and clip boards, I want it all. The only issue I have 
with monograms is that my last name starts with a boring O... not very fun for monograms. 
I like to emphasize the K, but then I am not being very traditional. Le sigh. 
My monogram necklace reads oKr, which looks really pretty. The good news is that, 
upon marrying a prince, my last name will change and so too will my 
last initial (hopefully), so I have another shot of having a nice traditional monogram. 

*




I hope you all are having a swell weekend ||
What have you been lusting over?
***


Popular Posts