It's Boot Time!

Happy Mid-September, folks! Sorry for my absence this week, I've still been battling that stupid cough of mine and sinus pain... very riveting. But I've been online window shopping and I think it is time to talk boots. Arguably the best part of Fall fashion! I've selected a few styles to focus on and I am featuring both thrifty options and splurges. I will start by saying that my favorite boot shopping destination has been Target! Last year I bought a handful of styles, from combat to booties to riding... and luckily all but one pair survived the horrible Midwest Winter we had last year. I've still included other stores, though, so here we go!



I'm in the market for a black pair of riding boots and I think these will be the winner:
Tip: there's a sale on these Target beauties right now, bogo 50% shoes!
I tend to be drawn to the quilted look, but I don't think I've ever actually owned shoes 
with that texture! I think now is the time though, as I love these quilted riding boots from Target! They have them in three colors, so pick your fav! My black riding boots from 
last year are the aforementioned pair that will not be revived this Fall/Winter. The Target boots, which they still sell this year I believe, feature an adjustable calf and the back 
of the calf was like an elastic type material, which was great for fitting over skinny jeans, 
but that means it stretched out over time. The good thing about Target boots, and 
others in their price range, is that they have a low cost and if they don't survive after a year 
of wearing a ton, then it isn't so bad of a loss. Plus, you can play with more trendier styles, 
and if they go out of style, well no worries!

*

Also from Target, but a little pricier:
Target's real deal leather.
If you are looking for a good blend of affordable but actual leather, then this will be your
best bet from Target. They are a classic look, love this color, and still a good price point.
What more could you ask for?

*

If you are looking for the dream version of these riding boots...
I... can't... stop... looking...
Um, these are just the best. I love the flannel and leather mix of these Tory Burch boots!
Of course, when a girl mentions riding boots you must think of Tory Burch, especially the
more classic style. But if I were to ever win the lottery, I'd buy these bad boys.
Can Target please make a pair like these?

*

Looking for more practical boots with rain/snow?
I made these Bean Boots mine this year!
Bean Boots are just the best. They are outdoorsy and chic and practical and cool all at
the same time... how do they do that? I opted for the 6in version, though I was torn
between these and the 8in version mainly because I wanted the navy. I ended up with the 6in
because of reviews and what I've heard about Bean Boots. I've been able to wear them
once this season so far and it was magical! Can't wait to break them in more and
get some more use out of them.

*

Also practical and popular...
Hunters for everybody!
Rainboots are key and Hunters are a popular option. When I lived in Chicago,
I definitely needed a quality pair of rainboots, since the main mode of transportation was walking!
 I also like the flexibility of rainboots because if you buy those fun boot socks,
they make special ones for Hunters, you can easily transition them from Fall to Winter to Spring
with the same boot. The short ones are nice if you have wider calves and/or like less restriction.
I have a pair of the traditional tall black Hunters, and I love them! If I were to get
another pair someday, I'd get green ones as pictured... they just speak to me.

*

And, one sassier pair for good measure.
Kate Spade everything, all the time.
If I could walk in high heels and win the lottery (man, maybe I should start playing), I would
snatch these up. Kate Spade is always on point, and these booties are no different.
I love pebbled leather and the navy is fantastic and unexpected! My coworker was talking
about navy shoes this week and now I am kind of obsessed with the idea.
Maybe I'll find a cute pair like these more in my price range soon :)




What boots are on your radar?
***


Popular Posts