September Favorites!

Holy cow, someone better wake up Billie Joe, September is over! Can't believe it, but I'll take it! The sooner October starts, the sooner I am to some fun plans... a vacation (Disney World, yo!), my birthday (remember, remember, the 5th of November), parental visits, the holidays, and general good times. But still, it is always kind of scary when you realize how fast time flies, but let's not get all depressed over here! I had a pretty awesome September - nothing crazy happened, but I did fun Fall things already and got to enjoy work mixed with down time, what more could ya ask for? Let's take a look at some of my favorite things from this month:



// this perfect human and this adorable pup:


The result of this gif was my calendar photo for September. What a glorious month - staring at these cuties. I should probably say by now who this is for my non-Blackhawks hockey fans: Jonathan Toews! The Captain for the Chicago Blackhawks and all around cool guy. Nick and I are big Hawks fans, Nick more so than me of course, but we are a Hawks household for sure. Anywho, this photoshoot and subsequent calendar was to raise money for another Hawks player, Bryan Bickell's charity (Bryan & Amanda Bickell Foundation), which benefits pitbulls (amongst other things)! It is a great cause founded by great people. The calendar features different pitbull pups and Hawks players, it's pretty freakin' adorable. This month's photo was my fav of the year because I love Toews, duh.




// it's not Herbal, but I'll be in the shower for another half an hour:


I have been using Organix brand hair products for about four years now and I haven't been disappointed! They feature a ton of sulfate-free, color-safe, animal-testing-free products for your hairs. My go to "flavors", as I call them, are the Moroccan Argan Oil and the Coconut Milk shampoos and conditioners, along with the Kukui Curl Cream. But this month, I started using the Sea Mineral shampoo and deep conditioner. It smells awesome, I feel like a mermaid! The deep conditioner is really fantastic, I use it once or twice a week and leave it on for a few minutes while I shave or just relax in the hot water.... I usually do the latter, sorry not sorry. I really love this brand though - they are simple, effective, relatively affordable, and delicious. I think Organix also makes body lotions now, but I have yet to try... (I am not a big lotion girl, I know I should be... but Jack just always licks it off, though!) 




// CAMEL. SWEATER


Guys, I have been lusting over this J. Crew Camel Sweater for over a year now. But lo and behold, it's back, and at the Factory store instead of retail! Which means it's cheaper, yee haw! I got it with a  30% off coupon too, so life is good. It is great quality, soft, and the detail on the camel (with tassels!) is fantastic. Worth the wait and extra pennies, for sure. I wore it for the first time with my new slacks (yes, I am a grandma who calls them slacks) from LOFT, they're a subtle plaid that has some tan in it - so it looked pretty sweet with the tan sweater. I was pleased. I would wear this sweater every day, but I think people would remember the camel... darn.




// notepad and mug love:


Last week, Carly of the College Prepster was promoting Heart and Arrow Design. It was love at first sight with this planner! It is a blog-specific planner, which is great for me to keep my head in the game for posting. It is great to jot down ideas as they come to me, and it is pretty so I want to use it! I will be back for a personalized notepad sometime soon. Also pictured is my most favorite mug from the Guggenheim. My dream is to, at some point in my life, live in NYC and work at the Guggenheim. I got the mug during my first and only visit to the city... they even gave me a discount at the museum store (where we bought the mug of course) because I was working with the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust at the time. Perks, baby! I love using this mug and it has seen more action in September because hot apple cider is a thing I need to have all the time.




// can't. stop. watching. GG.


I mentioned this last week, but I have been re-binge-watching Gossip Girl, one of my absolute favorite series. I have now seen every episode at least four times... which is apparently not enough. I read the book series before the show, and was a fan of that, though the two are nothing alike. Between the books and the show, though, Blair Waldorf will always be my Queen... Leighton Meester is just flawless. When grabbing a photo for the post, I looked through a bunch of cast photos, some were very derpy, some were way too serious/sexy/weird, and then there were some candids, like the one above. I didn't want to include Vanessa and Jenny, but oh well. I really want to hang out with these guys. And be on the show. And have the show last forever. I've been watching multiple episodes a day, which has been leaking into my dreams. For some reason, I am always Blair (duh) and almost always choose DAN of all people. Oh well, stranger things have happened. Regardless, I love GG, forever.



Misc. September goodness: listening to albums while I work, sale shopping at LOFT, setting up my fantasy hockey league (I'm the commissioner, because I am cool like that), and planning my Disney vacation that happens in THREE WEEKS.... ahhh! But more on that later ;) ... It has been a nice month, and I am so looking forward to October. Bring it! 



What were your favorites this month?
***



Popular Posts