It's Coming...

I know this will sound like nails on a chalk board to some, but CHRISTMAS IS COMING! I have never been an early celebrant for the season of joy, but I kinda went full-on Christmas crazy after Halloween. This may be due in part to my Disney Hangover, as the Disney Store released their Disney Parks holiday collection and the local Disney stores have these awesome ornaments... oh and Target also has awesome Disney ornaments (and other awesome decor)... oh and both stores had 25% (Disney store and online is 25% off using DISNEYPAL until Tuesday, Target had a Cartwheel offer for 25% Christmas decor that was good through Saturday... if you don't use Cartwheel, you should download it now). Cute things on sale definitely helped bring this on.I will also justify my craziness by saying Nick's parents are coming to visit next weekend, thus making them one of our very few visitors who would even see our decor before the holidays. So, I partially jumped the gun with decorating to allow for a bigger audience :)

But here's the interesting part... since I moved into dorms, apartments, and most recently out of state, I never wanted to have a tree for the holidays. Obviously I didn't have much space for one most of the time, and also I just thought of it as a hassle. Even a week or so ago, I just told my mom that we wouldn't have a tree until next year when we move into a different place. But, alas, I went to Target yesterday and bought a 3 ft prelit tree! It. Is. Wonderful.


Now, this isn't even the most recent photo of it, naturally there are a couple ornaments missing and I have done some rearranging already, but I am pretty much obsessed. Imagine how fun it will be when we have a much bigger tree someday! Anywho, I am impressed with my tree skills, even for a mini tree. And there is my little candle crock, which was melting a Walter&Rosie "Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe" candle, of course. Nick even approved of it all, saying that the tree is "very well done" - thumbs up included! He has been going along with my craziness lately, including a recent purchase from One Little Spark of Imagination for some cutesy Christmas card photos!!!

Wait. Have you listened to any of Idina Menzel's Christmas album? I know some of you won't be listening to Christmas music for a while, but you should have a little taste with her new music - oh, and there is a duet with MICHAEL BUBLE. MB's Christmas album is obviously the best thing to ever happen to holiday music, but Idina comes close and a duet with the velvet-voiced MB really helps her standings ;) 'Twas a perfect soundtrack for my Christmas bonanza this weekend.

I always seem to say that Christmas feels rushed, that I feel like I blinked and missed it. Well, ha! I tackled that problem properly and I hope I feel adequately Christmas-ed this year. I know it is early, but I had a blast getting in the spirit! So bring on the holiday posts... you can expect a gift guide in the next couple of weeks, a holiday season checklist, and some fun festive garb to wear to all the parties and get togethers.



What is your favorite part about decorating for the holidays?
***





Popular Posts