The (Thankful) Buzz

Well, today is my favorite holiday! I absolutely love Thanksgiving, here are my reasons:

    • FOOD
    • No pressure with gift giving
    • Family
    • It marks the official start of the Christmas season
    • FOOD, lots of food. A whole holiday about food
I think those are good reasons. We loaded up the car yesterday and hit the Ohio Turnpike on to Chicago. We are glad to be home, even if it is only for a few days to celebrate Turkey day. I am so thankful for our families, who are so darn loving, and for our health and happiness. It is important to recognize, not just today, just how much we have to be thankful for :)


I will keep this brief, so we can all enjoy our day... here is the buzzzzzzzzz:


*

This is eerily on point:



// This is a fantastic Frozen story, since everyone has been getting bored of the movie's hyper (I mentioned that on the last Buzz). But this breaks the monotony and totally takes the cake! Blogger Mary Katharine Ham discovered that the plot of Frozen is actually the same as The Shining! Between comparisons of Anna and Danny, Olaf and Wendy, & Elsa's Ice Palace and Jack's Gold Ballroom... it is ridiculously accurate and hilarious. Her post is a must read, and I didn't spoil all the comparisons! I'll be rewatching The Shining this weekend, for sure.
Oh, and here's another Frozen-related link, a Breaking Bad parody titled 
"Do You Want to Build a Meth Lab":




*


These two precious humans:



// I saw Mockingjay Part I last Thursday and was underwhelmed. I think the movie did what it was supposed to do, express emotion and prepare the audience for the big finale next year, but I just didn't love it like I did the first two movies (especially Catching Fire). I might be seeing it again this weekend to give it a second chance, we shall see. Anywho! How cute are Liam Hemsworth and J.Law??? I love this picture of them and this article that features quotes from both cuties about how much they like each other!!! Well, it might be about how much they like each other as friends, but pish posh, I want them to get married and have insanely cute and powerful kids.


*

First time cooking for the big day:



// I am an adult, it's official! For the first time, I am actually making my own dish to serve at Thanksgiving! It may be weird to some, but it's true. My extended family is huge and they all are amazing cooks and bakers, we usually have way too much food as it is, so my mom and I always bring desserts from our favorite bakery. But this year, we are doing a much smaller gathering, which means we have to cook for the big dinner... how exciting! So I volunteered to make some cornbread pudding (never made it before, but my coworker recommended this simple recipe). Fingers crossed that it's a hit ;)


*


I'll leave you with this, grab a tissue:



// You might want to read the post first, but how sweet his seeing his reaction?? I love Disney and Up, so this is a win. I love the poem she wrote, so cute and creative. 'Nuff said :)




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!

***




Popular Posts