The Buzz

Happy Tuesday, one and all! Tuesdays are my busy day at work... meetings galore and other various fun things. At least they go by quickly. First, I wanted to say thank you to our amazing and fearless Vets - Happy Veteran's Day to those who defended our freedom. And now to the Buzz this week! There have been some funny things trickling across my newsfeed this past weekend, I am glad I can share them here:


*

I'm first!


// This is a photo of yours truly standing beneath one of the new installations at the 
Toledo Museum of Art. The Museum was hosting the 47th Annual Conference of the International Visual Literacy Association this past week (I'm fancy - I got to work with and attend the conference), which also marked the opening of the new exhibition Insight: Contemporary Sensory Works. This installation by Pinaree Sanpitak  is aptly titled Anything Can Break... the sounds, triggered by sensors, and sense of impending chaos are pretty awesome to experience. I highly recommend checking it out,  along with pieces by Magdalene Odundo and Aminah Robinson (both women spoke at the conference, and Pinaree had her own talk the week prior). It was really exciting to be in the thick of this great event at the Museum. You can soon check out some videos of it all here!


*


T.Swift made a crazy good music vid:


 // Oh my goodness, I am becoming a Taylor Swift fan, and I don't even care. This video is intentionally bad at times, as well as cinematic and stunning. Plus, I already loved the song before the video came out. Too bad they are going to overplay it on the radio, sigh.  But this is all around a huge win for T.Swift in my eyes. However, her biggest win so far is her cat named Olivia Benson, which has been in my Buzz before. 


*


Speaking of new TS music...


// This literally gives me life. I don't know what cracks me up more, how perfectly this
syncs up or how on earth these competitions exist(ed)! Wow, just wow is all I can say. Enjoy.


*


Yes, there can be too much.


// I love Frozen, more than I thought I did, but I am not trying to overhype it. 
Disney is though, obviously. They have thrown so much hype and overrated-ness into this movie, milking it every bit they can. I don't blame them most of the time. But this? THIS?! Too far. Disney just announced that they the 31st annual Disney Christmas Day Parade  is renamed to the "Frozen Christmas Celebration"... but why? Leave the Christmas parade alone. Now they are just slapping it on something that is popular on its own, it's a widely observed cultural holiday for crying out loud, it doesn't need Frozen to boost its ratings!! I hope it is normal Christmas-y goodness with a little extra Frozen thrown in. Leave Christmas alone. 


*


My winnings!


// A couple weeks ago, I was announced as the winner of the Rack It Up and College Prepster 
style contest! I won a feature on the Rack It Up homepage and a $100 giftcard to C. Wonder. I knew exactly what I wanted to purchase with my winnings: these amazing smoking flats! I can rep my city girl roots and look adorable while doing so. These are a total splurge I wouldn't buy on my own, but with a giftcard and a sale, I got these bad boys for the price of a venti Starbucks. 
Just got them in the mail today and they fit wonderfully. 


*


NEXT WEEK. THAT IS ALL.


// Last, but most certainly not least, I'm pumped for Mockingjay Part 1 to come out next week! 
I bought my tickets a couple weeks ago, no biggie, and we are going next Thursday at 9pm. I do not know how midnight showings started a couple hours earlier, but as a 23 year old grandma I will take it! I love seeing movies like these (Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Batman... even Twilight) the day they come out, but I hate staying up that late! So this more recent trend of 8 or 9pm showings the Thursday before it comes out is terrific for me. Nick may even be excited for this one. Wow.


What is on your radar, 80s aerobics comps?
Let me know :)
***




Popular Posts