Holiday Gift Guide #3: Etsy Finds





I am a huge Etsy fan. My mom and I have always loved going to craft and fine art fairs, and I loved shopping at Columbia's Shop Columbia store, which was stocked with student and alumni work. Then Etsy came along and changed my life, dramatic but kind of true. It is like a ginormous 24/7 art fair from around the globe. Um, that's fantastic. Not only can you find things for yourself and others that are totally great, but you are also supporting someone who loves their craft and skill and pours it into their hard work for you to buy. So here is a short list of my favorite stores, items, gift, what have you. It is by no means complete and I am posting these particular shops because I truly love their work and I think you will too! Yes, these will cater more to the ladies, but trust me that you can find a ton of great things for guys in their shops and beyond. Enjoy this gift guide of Etsy wonders!




Colorful Gifts:




It is so much fun to shop when color is involved! There are a ton of great Etsy artists who show their vibrant personalities off through colorful creations. One of my favorite Etsy finds is definitely the Latvian clothiers ZIB*, I have been shopping their beautifully colorful designs for a couple of years now. And I cannot resist showing off my state pride with a tote like this from Oh Sew Betty... complete with a similar namesake Bow bracelet from Oh So Bows (I just bought a holiday Tartan bow, it is so amazingly cute and preppy). Last, but not least, these earrings from Studio Gianna are insanely gorgeous... there are tons more where those came from and they are all this intricate and lovely. These gifts are sure to light up the room come Christmas morning!


*

Gifts with Character:




We all know I am a nerd, so I had to include some gifts that fit the needs of your Disney Addicts, Pop Culture fiends, and Literature Shippers. I've named three out of these four before on the blog, but obviously I need give them the spotlight again! Kait at One Little Spark (check the FB link for announcements and promos!) hand paints these character tees/hoodies/purses/backpacks and is a true artist, so this is certainly a gift of love... plus she is partnering up with Magical Ribbons to offer value packs of Kait's shirts and bows! A perfect one-stop-shop gift for the Disney lover in your life. Also, I couldn't forget CafeFortySeven's drinkware (Disney and beyond!) and Walter&Rosie's candles... be sure to check both of those FB links for shop announcements and promos, they are great at updating customers about what's going new. Oh! And I can't forget this newest find, how cute are those Pride and Prejudice wooden peg dolls? Seriously, Etsy is the best place to find these completely unique gifts.


*

Fabulous and Fun Gifts for Her:




Who doesn't love a pop of red for the Holidays? These are my favorite feminine picks: fashion prints, jewelry, and hair accessories, duh! Holly Nichols creates my favorite illustrations, I have two of her prints in my bedroom, arguably the focus of my dresser and bookshelf. She is also having a fabulous holiday promo going on right now, bundling five prints for a great price, how easy is that gift buying? If you are in need of jewelry, it is hard to go wrong with a beautiful pair of earrings or a dainty necklace (get her initial or this adorable ampersand pictured above). And for something a little spunkier and cute, Lorettajos has some great headbands in all shapes and patterns, including sets for mama and baby (perfect for the mamas in your life)! These are definitely my go to gifts for the fashionista ladies in my life.

*


I hope you get some inspiration from these wonderful shops I've shared with you. Etsy is a truly wonderful resource for artists, crafters, and shoppers to come together and support each other. I hope you shop here for Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday (hey, most of these shops even have Black Friday sales!), it is an incredible community. Remember, Etsy is usually one-person shops, which requires more patience and love than those big box stores - so make sure you pay attention to arrive-by deadlines to ensure a stress-free Holiday shopping season. PLEASE share your shop in the comments or any that you recommend - I am always ready to add another "favorite" to my list :)

Are you shopping Etsy for the Holidays?

***








Popular Posts